Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wikipedia: Freind Not Foe: Double entry journal

3 things I learned:
1. I learned that Wikipedia can be edited by anyone. All of the information on Wikipedia is not 100% factual. It is not a reliable source. Teachers do not recommend students use Wikipedia.
2. I learned that you can have live conversations with people.
3. I learned at the bottom of he page, there are many sources you can use to write a research paper or even use to find facts.
4. Wikipedia’s goal is nothing less than “collecting the sum of human knowledge” in a vast, constantly growing
digital repository.


2 things that surprised me:
1. Wikipedia's information can be edited by anyone. WOW!
2. Wikipedia is less an unregulated free-for-all of misinformation than an open collaborative in various stages of development, depth, and sophistication depending on where one looks.

Question:
When will Wikipedia develop something on the website where no one is able to edit ANY of the information??

Related resource:


I love this video because it shows how false everything on Wikipedia can be. You are not getting the facts. Anyone can edit Wikipedia and leave you with whatever information they want you to believe. I think this video illustrates that concept perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment