Monday, September 26, 2011

Saddam's Statue Topples

What do I know?
I know that this is Saddam's Statue located in Baghdad that fell April 9, 2003. Taking down the statue was encouraging to me.
The 12-metre tall Statue was one of Iraq's newest Sculptures erected in honor of Saddam Hussein's 65th birthday in April of 2002. In May of 2003 a group of Iraqi artists raised a new statue where Saddam used to stand. The Iraqi artists describe, "the new sculpture is seven metres (23 feet) high and shows a symbolic Iraqi family holding aloft a crescent moon and a sun."The event was initially broadcast as a spontaneous show of Iraqi joy at the overthrow of the Saddam regime. It was at first reported that Iraqi civilians where trying to pull down the statue and only later were they helped by American military. It was later revealed that rather than an Iraqi inspired event it was stage managed American plan from a psychological operations team.  Retrieved by: http://www.famouspictures.org/mag/index.php?title=Fall_of_Saddam_Hussein's_Statue

How do I know it?
I know this information by watching the YouTube video and by looking for additional information on Google. I find that this topic is very interesting and interesting to me. Also, this was a huge issue in Baghdad that was taking very seriously.
How can I find out more?
A good way to find out more about Saddam's Statue is to Google it or use a search engine. Search Engines are a great way to get more knowledgable on a certain topic.
What is the point of view?
My point of view is that I was rather happy that the Statue had toppled down. It was a very encouraging moment for me. I feel that everyone else was rather relieved for the Statue to be taken down. I really liked when they placed the American Flag over Saddam's face.
Who is the creators audience?
I feel that the creators audience is Saddam's people. I also feel that the audience is the American people. It was encouraging for the American people when they took the statue down, This was a wonderful moment in history.
Why is this important?
This is a very important day in history that was a remarkable thing that had taken place. For the American people, when the Saddam Statue was taken down, and Saddam's face was covered with the American flag, this was an encouraging time for not just Americans but people all over the world. I feel like this was a  turning point for the people in the United States. April 9, 2003 will never be forgotten. This day will always be remembered and never forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment